COVID-19 Update: 


July 8, 2020

The Food Center will distribute prepacked bags of food to families in need on Wednesday mornings from 9am-11:30am. Clients should bring photo ID and address verification for all household members - mail or current lease for all adults over 18; and birth certificates, insurance cards, passports, resident ID, or school/doctor reports for all children. 


We have modified our volunteer needs for the foreseeable future. Please visit our sign up genius to view our volunteer opportunities. 

DONATION SCHEDULE: Food Donations may be dropped off on Monday nights at 7pm or Tuesday mornings from 9-11am. Please DO NOT leave food donations outside of the church, as the building remains closed

Helping hungry families in Bucks & Mercer Counties

The Food Center at Morrisville Presbyterian Church provides supplemental food assistance to hungry families in Lower Bucks County, PA and the greater Trenton, NJ area. What began in 1997 as the Deacon’s Food Cupboard has grown into a ministry run by over 80 dedicated volunteers.

Last year, The Food Center provided non-perishable groceries, produce, meat, dairy and bread to over 15,000 individuals: 50% of the clients are adults; 33% are children; and 17% are senior citizens.  Because of The Food Center’s location close to several Delaware River bridges, the majority of the clients served are from New Jersey.  Last year, 88% of our clients came from New Jersey, predominantly Trenton.  The other 12% came from Lower Bucks County, PA.

Food Distribution hours:

  • Wednesday, 9 am to 12 pm

  • 1st Tuesday of each month, 7-8 pm (For working families and college students only)

The Food Center operates almost every other day of the week in support of distribution day.  Monday is bag packing; Tuesday is set-up and produce delivery; and Thursday is our shopping day.  Local companies and organizations donate much of the food that is distributed.  Other food is procured through grocery stores and food banks, but most of our food is purchased using donated funds.  Each year, the Hike Against Hunger raises funds to support The Food Center.

Eligibility Requirements: Clients may visit the Food Center only one time each month, and must show proof of residency, and proof of income to determine need. Click here for information on what paperwork you need to bring with you.

How You Can Help:

  • Volunteer.  The Center is run by dedicated group of over 80 volunteers.  30% of our volunteers come from the congregation of the Morrisville Presbyterian Church, while the other 70% are individuals from the community who share The Food Center’s vision.  Volunteer opportunities are available throughout the week, but especially on Wednesday mornings during distribution of the food. All Food Center volunteers are subject to our Safe Child Policies, and may require PA Child Abuse Clearances.  Click here for more detailed information on these policies and our volunteer opportunities.

  • Cash donations are always appreciated, and since we have the ability to purchase food in bulk from area food banks, we have purchasing power that can stretch your cash donation further. Donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.

  • Food donations are always welcome, either from individuals or from groups who have organized a food drive. If you are planning a drive on our behalf, please call to let us help you with details and suggestions on what is currently most needed.

  • Set up a Service Day.  The Food Center benefits from the efforts of several local businesses and others who either come as a group to the Center to volunteer or hold a food or diaper drive at their site. Volunteers included youth groups, scout troops, other local congregations, schools, senior residences and other residential communities, and the National Letter Carriers Association.

  • Advocate for the poor to your local representatives, in your place of worship, or among friends and colleagues.  In America today, 46.5 million people live below the poverty level—that is 15 % of the U.S. population. Among them are 16.3 million children. One in five children in America live in poverty. The poverty level is set at the federal level, so families in our area, where the cost of living is higher than in other regions of the country, have a more difficult time making ends meet.

To contact us, send an email to, or call the church office at 215-295-4191.

Several Food Center Volunteers worked at Snipes to glean apples to be made into applesauce for Thanksgiving by The Rolling Harvest group.



Clients may visit the Food Center once each month.  The following items are needed in order to qualify for food:

  • Photo ID

  • Proof of Address – such as a hardcopy bill, invoice, or any recently postmarked mail. Must be dated within the previous 30 days.

  • Verification of Occupants – This means a piece of mail sent to your address of record for each occupant of your household.  Health insurance cards will be accepted for children under 18 or birth certificates for children age 5 or under if at least one of the parents is listed on the birth certificate.

  • Verification of Income – This could be a pay stub, an unemployment statement, or a Social Security statement.  We also count food stamps, general assistance and housing allowances as income. You must meet income guidelines to qualify for the program.



The Food Center couldn’t function without its loyal and hardworking volunteer force.  There are opportunities for volunteers of all ages.

Summer vacation is almost upon us and we look forward to Student Volunteers helping us at the Food Center. We ask that you let us know by email: when you plan to help. Walk in helpers may be turned away if we have too many on a particular day. If you are coming with a group, please let us know how many are in your group. There may be times we cannot accommodate large groups. Also, please remember that all student volunteers (ages 13-17) and their parents MUST sign the Youth Safe Child Policy. Student volunteers age 18 or older, must sign the Adult Safe Child Policy. See below for links to our Youth & Adult Safe Child Policies.


Opportunities to volunteer include:

  • Monday Night – 7 – 8 pm – Help us pack up to 170 bags of groceries every week.  Just show up!

  • Tuesday morning –  10 am – 1 pm – Help us unload crates of produce delivered by Philabundance.  We sort it, break it down into smaller packages sometimes, and repackage as necessary.

  • Tuesday Evening – On the first Tuesday of every month we have a mini food distribution for working families from 7 – 8 pm.

  • Wednesday Morning – This is client day!  You can help greeting and interviewing clients, moving food around, distributing food to clients, helping clients get their food to their cars, etc.  We need volunteers from 8:30 am until about 1 pm, but you don’t need to be there the whole time.

  • Thursday Morning – This is the day we purchase most of the food we distribute.  You can help picking up cases of food at several locations in Trenton, then help us unload them at the Food Center.  We usually leave the Food Center aroung 9:30 am to shop, and return about 11:15 am.

  • Other Tasks – there are other food pickups that are made at various times during the week.  Talk to us about your availability and we’ll find something else for you to do.

All volunteers are subject to our Safe Child Policies.  Some volunteers, depending upon their responsibilities, will be required to obtain Pennsylvania Child Safety Clearances.  All volunteers who are seeking to fulfill court mandated community service will need to get those clearances prior to volunteering.

Click Here for more information on Pennsylvania Child Safety Clearances

Click here for our Youth Volunteers Policies

Click here for our Adult Volunteers Policies

To contact us, send an email to, or call the church office at 215-295-4191.



COVID-19 DONATION SCHEDULE: Food Donations may be dropped off on Monday nights at 7pm or Tuesday mornings from 9-11am. Please DO NOT leave food donations outside of the church, as the building remains closed


The Food Center is entirely dependent upon donations of both food and money from individuals and organizations of the community.  We are staffed entirely by volunteers, and are housed in the Morrisville Presbyterian Church, so our operational expenses are quite low.  All donations are used for the purchase of food or related supplies, as well as the operation of a van owned by the church.

Donations can be made payable to The Food Center and sent to us at the Morrisville Presbyterian Church, 771 N Pennsylvania Ave, Morrisville, PA  19067. 

We are always happy to accept non-perishable food items in good condition, but the items most needed are:

  • Tuna

  • Peanut Butter

  • Canned stew/chicken

  • Cereal

  • Canned Fruit

  • Canned/shelf stable milk

  • Diapers – larger sizes

We can also accept some perishable items, but our refrigeration capacity is limited.  Please check with us before dropping off any perishable items so that we can coordinate the appropriate storage.  You can call the church at 215-295-4191 or email us at

Beginning September 13 we will be be worshiping God together in-person & virtually. 

(215) 295-4191

771 N. Pennslyvania Ave
Morrisville, PA 19067
  • Grey YouTube Icon
  • Grey Facebook Icon
  • Grey Instagram Icon

Copyright © 2020 Morrisville Presbyterian Church. All Rights Reserved.